We recognise that it can often be difficult to know if you require the services of a roofing company. The last thing you want to do is waste your money, but at the same time you don’t want to run the risk of any problems manifesting. This is why we offer the option of a roof survey. We are able to detect many issues, if there are any.
A thorough visual inspection of the roof coverings and sub-layers, including fastener integrity, lead flashings, up-stands and perimeter details. We will also inspect the gutters, rainwater outlets and downpipes. It is also becoming increasingly common for mortgage lenders to insist on potential borrowers to instruct a roofing contractor to carry out an inspection on the property they are considering buying
What sort of things can a roof survey tell me?
- Roof covering, age, expected longevity, condition compared to similar properties.
- Dormer roofs, covering, condition, longevity.
- Flat roofs, condition, identify soft spots, life expectancy.
- Valleys and gulleys, life span, poor repairs, fatigue splits.
- Ridge tiles, ridge tile condition, mortar condition
- Roof windows and skylights, flashing check, install quality